1.30.2009

welcome back chrisette!

i am a *huge* chrisette michele fan. . .unlike my closet beyonce fanhood, i am proud to admit that i love chrisette. she is so intelligent, her voice is amazing, she has this 'spunk' and she's so cute without trying too hard. i am still in awe from seeing her in dc last year around this time. because we are bff (okay, we're just myspace friends, but still) she sent me a message when she released her new single. it's called epiphany--i love it and can't wait for the new album. she writes:
i'm so so so excited to share with you some new music! this new album took NO TIME to record. it seems like every word that i sang was already on the tip of my tounge before i even got to the studio. one song i dreamt, came to the studio the producer had music that already went with it and then my new friend, writer filled in the blanks like only he and i can! it was just so fateful.
God is always providing!

so.... my new single is called "Epiphany". i asked Neyo to play an instrumental role in my new work. i wanted him to listen to my voice and then cater to its uniqueness, listen to my thoughts and then write with them in mind. he'd sit and write right in front of me, asking "do you like this? do you like that?". i couldnt believe how kind he was, he's written for every one and lil ol me gets this precious treatment. a blessing.


you know that i wrote my last album save the chorus on 2 songs and i was VERY afraid of giving some one else the pen and pad...but when i did, magic happened. Claude Kelly and Neyo (and of course me...) brought it and its a great urban creation. i wanted a lil bit more bass heavy-ness, a lil more pain and honesty, i wanted to be vulnerable and show that i've been hurt... i even shed a tear or two (okay, that was when i sang right after my teeth were pulled :) but really, its a beautiful me, i know you will relate because, everyones been hurt b4 and we ALL have been in need of a healing. Amen? i want you to walk away from these records knowing who you are and aware that no one can keep you locked in something that you dont deserve. Lets end ridiculous relationships, become our own best friends and work on cultivating a great relationship with our maker... He'll lead us to the manor woman of our dreams! yes?

so...get your first taste! Epiphany!


ps...
remember last year how hard you all worked with me. you called your radio stations, you brought a cd for you and yo auntie and yo sister! you created something special. you supported what you believed in. i want you to know that i appreciate you...thats why when ever you see me i love on you, i sign what ever you ask, i come to your parties, i write back when ever i can... its because you've been so gracious and kind to me and because its my heart to lavish you with music for your lives stories.


lets do it again! lets do it bigger. the record label has promised their support! i'm rallying up my troops. i need you to call in the single... push it to the top with me.


i love you... please enjoy... Epiphany. (written by Neyo, produced by Chuck Harmony...sang by yours trully...Chrisette Michele :)

God bless you all, keep me in your prayers, as i'll continue to keep you in mine.
ooomwah!

-chrisette michele



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would be all over this. I can't wait. I'm mad I didn't have a chance to see her in concert last year.

livelovelaugh said...

I finally heard Epiphany today and remembered that you told me about it weeks ago. Well actually you reminded me that you told me about it weeks ago, but anyway...lol! I <3 chrisette! I have missed two opportunities to see her show and still haven't seen her live. Her voice is so soothing, I swear her first cd got me through rush hour for months. I couldn't listen to anything but Mr. Radio...good memories! Chrisette is so talented and humble and I love artists like that...