12.15.2008

brrr!



it is widely known that i am not fond of the cold. my people are a tropical people and so i'm one of the only people who isn't complaining when it's nearly 100 degrees in the summertime bc i'd rather that than winter. besides the freeeeeezing weather outside that makes it hard to get out of bed (and makes staying in the office a little longer seem like a good idea), the darkness at 5 pm, and the mess that is snow and ice, it is super hard to be cute in the cold. by the time you've added 5-7 lbs in layering and debated whether it is safe to wear heels, you no longer feel like going through the effort to attain fabulosity (good thing it's in my blood and therefore unavoidable) or going outside period.
anyway, after i found myself cheering at the fact that it was a measly 44 degrees outside when i left for work (as opposed to the 24 of last week) and talking to my friend about how the high where she lives was only 17 degrees (that is not a temperature! that is a date on the calendar!) i was reminded that every year i say there are only 5 good things about the winter/cold, but i can never name them all at the same time, so i've decided to list them here:
  • carol's daughter body butter. my favorite is ecstasy. i look forward to the scent and feel-good moisturizing of this product to cheer me up on those stupid winter days that threaten to turn me into a dry, cracked raisin.
  • peppermint hot chocolate. i first tried it at starbucks and i fell in love. this is such a grown up twist on an old favorite. . .or maybe it's not so grown up. doesn't matter to me.
  • cashmere. i have always had expensive taste. cashmere is my winter splurge. it is so soft and warm, it makes you almost glad--almost--to have a reason to wear it
  • flannel sheets. they make it even harder to get out of the bed in the morning! and when you get in the bed they are already warm and soft and waiting for you!
  • fireplaces/the smell of fireplaces. it's just a comforting feeling. i'm all about nostalgia. and i could stare at a fire in a fireplace forever.
okay, so now my list is down. my silver lining to this cloud. sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...haven't tried the peppermint hot chocolate, but it does sound appealing. I'm more of a caramel macchiato (w/ extra caramel) kind of guy. Flannel sheets are great. As long as flannel does not enter your closet, I think you're ok.